Our 2014 Truck Convoy surpassed all our records and expectations.
It takes a community of generous sponsors, drivers, donors, volunteers, athletes and their families to have such an outstanding result!
Not to mention a very supportive Grand Marshal, Alex Debogorski who donated his entire weekend to support our Athletes and the guidance of our Law Enforcement Officers (LETR) to clear the way for our Convoy route and our DND Shearwater Partners, Hanger F, where it all happened!
By the Numbers for our 3rd Truck Convoy in Support of Special Athletes
- $69,000 raised for our Athletes – A Record!
- Over $31,000 in pledges of the total collected from Drivers and Athletes
- 152 rigs participated in the convoy – A Record!
- Wolseley Canada hosted our FIRST Public Convoy BBQ AND a Silver Sponsor!
- Irving Oil our First Presenting Sponsor hosted the FIRST Trucker Appreciation Big Stop Event
- 5 Silver Sponsors : Hull Transport, Atlantic Cat, Mary Browns, MacLeod Lorway Insurance Group and Wolseley Canada- A Record!
- Largest, Single Fundraising Effort of $10,000 by Carl, Wayne, Debbie and Debbie Hiltz of Uniacke Trucking
- First time 5 teams entered Team Captains
- 35 Trucker Buddy’s riding with the Convoy for the largest number of Athletes who helped raise funds to help their ‘Trucker buddies’
- 150 Volunteers helping Special Olympics Nova Scotia