The convoy will begin at DND Shearwater at 10:15 am, before proceeding through Dartmouth, Cole Harbour, and Eastern Passage. The convoy will end when the trucks return to Shearwater. It is estimated that the route will take one hour per 50 trucks. If we have 200 trucks it will take a maximum of 1.5 – 2 hours. Please keep an eye on our FaceBook and Twitter accounts for live updates along the route.
Please be aware that the route may be subject to change. Check back on this page for updates.
Approximately 42 km (75 minutes)
- Leave CFB Shearwater through Main Entrance on Hines Road
- Turn right onto Main Road/NS-322 N
- Continue to follow Main Road/NS-322 N for 3.3 km
- Turn right onto Highway of Heroes – NS-111 N for 2.7 km
- Take exit 7 toward Woodlawn Road/Cole Harbour
- Merge onto Portland St/NS-207 E
- Head East on Portland St/NS-207 E past Baker Drive, continue to follow Portland Street/Cole Harbour Road NS-207 E 4.5 km
- Turn right onto Bissett Rd/NS-322 N Continue to follow NS-322 N for 6.6 km
- Turn right onto Cow Bay Road/NS-322 N for 1.5 km
- Head southwest on Dyke Road/NS-322 N toward Belvedere Ave continue to follow NS-322 N for 3.2 km
- Continue on Cow Bay Road/NS 322 S for 2.7 km
- Turn left onto Caldwell Rd for 1.4 km
- Turn right onto Shore Rd for 2.7 km, follow the loop around Fisherman’s Cove
- Continue on Main Road, Eastern Passage, NS for 8.2 km
- Enter DND Shearwater by turning right onto Hines Road for 950 m
Watch for volunteers to direct you to Special Olympics Truck Convoy Finale!