We are very excited to let you know that plans for the 2020 Convoy in support of Special Olympics Nova Scotia are well underway. We have an active and enthusiastic Steering Committee have an event plan that meets all the health and safety requirements outlined by Nova Scotia Public Health.
Highlights of the 2020 Convoy include:
- Plan to arrive a little later this year, registration will open at 8:00 am!
- The Convoy will start at CFB Shearwater
- Registration/Check-In will be offered right in your parking area
- Washrooms and hand wash stations will be available in your parking area
- Music, announcements and information will be provided in all parking areas
- There will be no large group gathering in the Hangar this year
- Your refreshments will be provided in your driver goody bag, your meal will be offered as a voucher to be used on Convoy day or at a later time of your choosing
- When you complete the Convoy route you will simply drive on, no post event gathering
- More details to follow!
We are thrilled to announce that we have more than 60 drivers and trucks registration for the Convoy to date! With the event just one month away, we are hoping to see a big jump in this number in the coming weeks.
If you have already registered for the Convoy – Thank you! If not, please see the link to register on this page. Please come back to the site often for ongoing updates and driver information. We are encouraging drivers to register and pay through the online system this year to minimize cash handling on site.
Plans are underway for the 2019 Truck Convoy in support of Special Olympics. On Saturday, September 21st, 2019, truckers from Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island will unite with our partners in Law Enforcement (LETR) for the seventh year to support Special Olympics athletes. This showcase of companies, trucks, drivers, and sponsors creates a truly “One of a Kind” event for all involved. If you have participated in the past, thank you and we hope you will again this year. New trucks and drivers are most welcome!